- About us
Oil & Acrylic Paintings
Robert Shade is a mainly self-taught painter, working primarily in acrylics and oils, and has recently expanded an interest in digital photography. He has exhibited in juried shows locally and regionally, and has won awards in both painting and photography. He has studied privately with abstract and surreal artist Doris Vlasek-Hails. Other study includes courses at the Indianapolis Art Center, as well as figure drawing through the Fine Arts program at Indiana Vocational Technical College.
He is a graduate of Butler University in Indianapolis, Indiana, and is currently retired from a career in public service with the State of Indiana. Over the years, he has immersed himself in the artistic expression of various cultures while serving in the United States Military and through his travels in Latin America, the Caribbean, Europe, Africa, and Asia.
I believe that Art communicates without regard for barriers of language, culture, or place in time. It speaks to you, whether you find fulfillment in the creative process or from simply appreciating what others have created. Either way, you can't remain unchanged if you engage it.
For my own work, I also believe that I haven't produced a worthwhile outcome unless I’ve learned something new in the process.
- Lynn Andalman - Acrylic paintings
- Cindy Cradler - Oil Paintings & Pencil Drawings
- Shawn Deitch - Oil paintings
- Dennis Ellman - Water media, acrylic and oil paintings
- Nancy Keating - Contemporary mosaics
- Lynne Medsker - Mixed media and digital artwork
- Marie Reamer - Fine art photographs
- Kathleen Rice - Water based media and mixed media with handmade paper
- Robert Shade - Oil & acrylic paintings
- Valentina Shvyrkova - Oil paintings
- Erika Woods - Calligraphy, graphic design